This is one of the most intriguing topics to me....
So here's the rundown:
We're all at the alter at the close of a powerful service and one of the ladies who has really been getting good with God all service passes out at the alter apparently slain in the Spirit.
There are three kinds of reactions to this event:
1) The people who keep on praying with their eyes open and keep on trying to catch the lady who is slain in the corner of their eye (but act like they don't see it)
2) The people who just stare because they can't figure out what exactly is going on (I will put myself in that category)
3) The guy who runs up quickly, takes his suitcoat off and covers the female's feet who is slain in the Spirit. (it's always like the same 2-3 guys who do it too!)
The process of step three leads to many questions:
- is there a competition amongst those 2-3 guys who are always doing the covering to see who can cover the most female feet?
- Is this a secret ministry within our church (feet covering)?
- I understand that it seems to be about modesty (the suitcoat covers immodesty), but I have never actually seen someone who is slain in the spirit who is anything close to immodest. At most we get some ankle, but no more. Is this really what we should all be in a hurry to cover up?
- Is there a verse in the bible that I am missing that discusses this ankle covering with suitcoat?
- My last question has to do with the picture I found on Google (picture above). If you notice, the ladies who are slain are being covered in sheets (not suitcoats)....and there is a lady who appears to be going around doing the covering with the sheets....Apparently the being slain in the spirit has become so popular at their church that they have developed a leg covering ministry (even though it's clear most in the picture don't need it).
- The above point leads to the most important question, at what point do we stop the "being slain in the spirit ankle covering ministry" because it starts to resemble a "tucking someone in for a nap" ministry which is completely unacceptable at the alter?